What to prepare the night before a tournament
Coach Adam Wharf explains what you can prepare before the tournament to help your child have an enjoyable, stress free day
Kids gain valuable life skills through competition and we encourage kids in our programs to enter local tournaments. Competing in tournaments can be great fun ... or it can be stressful! Preparation is a part of taking away stress on the day and helping your child have fun.
"Competition helps kids learn that it is not always the best or the brightest who are successful, but rather those that work hard and stick with it" Timothy Gunn, Psy.D., pediatric neuropsychologist, quoted in McGuinness, D.,Why Competition Is Good for Kids (and How to Keep It That Way) Parents.com
Coach Adam gives some pointers on what you can prepare the night before for a great pre-tournament routine.
Related Articles on Tennis 24/7
- Nick Jacques on the Importance of Play Outside Lessons
- Gary Naughton on Working With International Players
- How Much Tennis Should My Child Play?
- Dealing With Winning & Losing in Tennis
- Life Lessons Through Tennis
- Importance of Parents in Their Child’s Tennis Journey
- 7 Parenting Behaviours That STOP Children From Being Successful
- Why you should engage kids in sport early
- 10 real benefits of watching tennis with children
- 10 ways to add tennis to your family health plan and achieve fitness goals in 2020