Life Lessons Through Tennis
Adam Wharf, Head of Talent at i2c, discusses some less obvious benefits and life lessons of playing, practising and competing in tennis.
We hosted a live discussion on the Life Lessons Through Tennis with Adam Wharf, the Head of Performance at inspire2coach. Adam discusses:
- Some of the less obvious benefits of tennis
- What children can learn about life from playing, practising and competing
- Some great take-away tips for all parents
Three great benefits that Adam believes can easily be demonstrated are: integrity, persistence and hard work.
Adam's 2 favourite quotes (included in this audio)
"You don't just go to school and become clever. You've still got to be engaged in what's going on and the environment has got to be set by the coaches to enable the different life lessons that could happen through tennis."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."
Hosted by Adam Wharf
Adam is the Head of Performance at inspire2coach. He has an impressive coaching career spanning more than 15 years, including work with Nick Bollettieri and the LTA.
Related Articles on Tennis 24/7
- Why Strength & Conditioning Should be a Part of Your Practise: Returning to Tennis Injury Free
- The British Tennis Competition Landscape in 2021
- Introduction to Competition for i2c Players and Parents
- Nick Jacques on the Importance of Play Outside Lessons
- Gary Naughton on Working With International Players
- How Much Tennis Should My Child Play?
- Dealing With Winning & Losing in Tennis
- Life Lessons Through Tennis
- Importance of Parents in Their Child’s Tennis Journey
- Think about tactics during the match warm up!