We hosted a live discussion on the Life Lessons Through Tennis with Adam Wharf, the Head of Performance at inspire2coach. Adam discusses:
- Some of the less obvious benefits of tennis
- What children can learn about life from playing, practising and competing
- Some great take-away tips for all parents
Three great benefits that Adam believes can easily be demonstrated are: integrity, persistence and hard work.
Adam’s 2 favourite quotes (included in this audio)
“You don’t just go to school and become clever. You’ve still got to be engaged in what’s going on and the environment has got to be set by the coaches to enable the different life lessons that could happen through tennis.”
“Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.”
Hosted by Adam Wharf
Adam is the Head of Performance at inspire2coach. He has an impressive coaching career spanning more than 15 years, including work with Nick Bollettieri and the LTA.
References in the audio
In case you don’t quite catch it, in the audio, Adam recommends this book as a good read to develop a positive attitude; Dr Carol Dweck, “Mindset”. It’s available on Amazon (eBook and paperback) and at good bookstores.
More Guides for Tennis Parents
- The British Tennis Competition Landscape in 2021
- Introduction to Competition for i2c Players and Parents
- Nick Jacques on the Importance of Play Outside Lessons
- Gary Naughton on Working With International Players
- How Much Tennis Should My Child Play?
- Dealing With Winning & Losing in Tennis
- Life Lessons Through Tennis
- Importance of Parents in Their Child’s Tennis Journey
- Think about tactics during the match warm up!
- What are the new LTA age groups?