Information and advice from our tennis team to help you find, compete in and enjoy playing at tournaments.
A lot of parents are confused about the different grades of tournament available for kids to register in. It can be hard to know which tournament is the right one for your child, what determines whether your child will be accepted and the rewards for performance at the event. i2c’s Head of Performance coaching, Adam Wharf, explains the ins and outs of tournaments in the UK.
In our previous video, What to Prepare the Night Before a Tennis Tournament, coach Adam gave pointers on what you can prepare the night before a tournament to develop a comfortable pre-tournament routine and make tournament day less rushed and likely to be stressful. In this follow-on clip, coach Adam helps parents to work with their children…
Kids gain valuable life skills through competition and we encourage kids in our programs to enter local tournaments. Competing in tournaments can be great fun … or it can be stressful! Preparation is a part of taking away stress on the day and helping your child have fun. “Competition helps kids learn that it is…
Latest Guides and Guidance for Parents
- How Much Tennis Should My Child Play?
- Dealing With Winning & Losing in Tennis
- Life Lessons Through Tennis
- Importance of Parents in Their Child’s Tennis Journey
- Think about tactics during the match warm up!
- What are the new LTA age groups?
- Underarm Server Drill
- 7 Parenting Behaviours That STOP Children From Being Successful
- Why you should engage kids in sport early
- 10 real benefits of watching tennis with children