Special Tennis Topics for Parents
A wealth of information and guidance on topics such as physical and mental fitness, girls participation, complementary sports and more!
There is a lot of talk about the benefits of “multisports” and children not being focused on only one sport, particularly at a young age. Tennis and football are sports that tend to be played in different seasons. We interviewed i2c Director Mark Tennant, who leads our Coach Education programme, about how these two sports are complementary.
It isn't news that there are far fewer girls than boys playing tennis. i2c is supportive of high profile initiatives such as She Rallies and Miss Hits that are working hard to improve that balance. So to help both coaches and parents understand the problem - and potential solutions - we interviewed i2c Area Manager, accredited coach and She Rallies Ambassador, Mel Short.
Our Latest Guides and Guidance for Parents
- Gary Naughton on Working With International Players
- How Much Tennis Should My Child Play?
- Dealing With Winning & Losing in Tennis
- Life Lessons Through Tennis
- Importance of Parents in Their Child’s Tennis Journey
- Think about tactics during the match warm up!
- What are the new LTA age groups?
- Underarm Server Drill
- 7 Parenting Behaviours That STOP Children From Being Successful
- Why you should engage kids in sport early