Coaching Insights for Parents
As your child progresses along their tennis journey it can be helpful to have an insight into coaching philosophy, goals and strategies.
Do you like the power and simplicity of keywords in your coaching? So do we! Repeating a keyword can force you to focus on a change that you want to make so it's a great tool to use as a part of your coaching. So, here are the top 5 keywords that we use – and the on-court situation where you’d use them.
In addition to coaching a lot of talented young tennis players, i2c run a lot of junior tournaments. Many parents of young talented tennis players are confused and frustrated by the advice they receive. David Mullins provides sensible advice to parents.
This short clip (filmed live in Finland) shows how we are developing simple awareness of space and the ability to send the ball away from the opponent at orange and early red level. Our observation is that in general, children spend too much time spent hitting balls down the middle of the court, usually with…
Our Tots Professional Development Course is one of our most popular short courses. Mel Short, who runs our great courses, lets us sit in on a group of attendees setting up "proper" tennis games for a group of tots. With Mel, you can experience the normal challenges of introducing activities to tots and how to keep them learning, active and having fun.
As your child develops from a toddler to a young child, so the world of opportunities develops. By the age of 3, your child is starting to branch out, developing friendships, favourite activities and games, and showing a keen desire to learn through constant activity. As their confidence grows, they start to look for new and different activities to play. Tennis could be one of them!
Our Latest Guides and Guidance for Parents
- The British Tennis Competition Landscape in 2021
- Introduction to Competition for i2c Players and Parents
- Nick Jacques on the Importance of Play Outside Lessons
- Gary Naughton on Working With International Players
- How Much Tennis Should My Child Play?
- Dealing With Winning & Losing in Tennis
- Life Lessons Through Tennis
- Importance of Parents in Their Child’s Tennis Journey
- Think about tactics during the match warm up!
- What are the new LTA age groups?