High 5 Reactions is a popular activity because it’s fun, builds great skills and can be done inside! Here two fabulous children show us how to do this super simple activity!
- 2 children stand facing one another.
- Child #1 has their hands behind their back.
- Child #2 stands in ready position with fast feet (feet at about shoulder-width apart and jiggling so they’re ready to move).
- Child #1 shows a hand that child #2 has to high 5 as quickly as possible!
Don’t mistake simple for silly or not worthwhile. This great activity helps children to:
- Focus – watching Child 1’s movement without distraction
- Coordinate hand/feet movement – jiggling their feet and high 5’ing at the same time!
- Build faster hand-eye co-ordination
All of which is important for ALL sports – not just tennis 🙂
Our suggestion is to practise 10-20 High 5 Reactions every day for a week and see how much you improve!